 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1907
Re: 30 posts away? [[Freedoms]]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 00:54:31 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Richard Noeckel writes:
It’s too bad that you interpret my ‘Group Pride’ as stupid…sorry I care.
I don’t feel that it’s a stupid reason to be proud of our growth.

Not at all.  I'm glad you are proud of it, as am I.  However, the approach
to this I question.  I also suggest you to be proud of a different metric
other than posts--instead, how many events we've run, people we've informed
and entertained--because posts are an incredibly fickle way of measuring a
group's performance.  In fact, right now I should be cheering for
"Offtopic-Debate".  Go Debate! :)

You don’t want Larry to post in LUGNET.ORG.rtlToronto… to bad!
                      Can you say ‘OPEN FORUM!’   ;)
               http://news.lugnet.com/org/us/michlug/?n=1787

There is nothing I can do about Larry posting, as while rtlToronto the
organization is not an open forum for many issues, the rtlToronto NG is
configured as an open forum  per the Lugnet TOS.  As I have debated with
him, I do not believe external groups or individuals really should have any
place in the organization of rtlToronto, unless they are directly
participating in a joint event (ie, MonLUG, ParLUGment).  But Todd has given
the privilege to post into any group, and I just trust people will mind
their own business and post appropriately.  I guess Larry and I differ.

Just don’t try an’ stifle the free speech of other!
So what if you don’t like my posts, ignore them, walk away.

You are mistaken if you believe there is freedom of speech on this site.  As
someone pointed out, we are guests of Todd, and Todd has generously (and
very tolerantly) given us many privileges.  True freedom of speech is not
guaranteed, especially not on what is a private site.  You do not have a
right to post here anymore than I do--so don't claim I am impeding your
freedom of speech.  I am just trying to distance the organization from
whatever you do, or better yet, how you do it.

Calum