 General / 30445
  Classics - some questions to explore

With the recent announcement of the Lego Classics line, a few questions have popped up in my head. Does this announcement indicate anything larger in the "Big Picture" for Lego? Or is this just an easy way to make the more knowledgeable fans, young (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Classics - some questions to explore

(...) I am not a retail expert but I've been toyhunting in Germany and I can think of several things: 1. Lego has very high penetration into German households. Higher than anywhere else in the world 2. German retailing is very fragmented, with no (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Classics - some questions to explore

Hi all, just today someone from the german fan community posted his latest experiences while ringing up S@H services: The S@H lady says that they are selling very well in the sculptures and train categories! And S@H will concentrate more and more on (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Classics - some questions to explore

On Wed, 23 May 2001, Larry Pieniazek (<GDsJCw.BMx@lugnet.com>) wrote at 13:41:20 (...) I believe Germany was TLC's biggest market until the US overtook it in the last few years, and it's still number two. It's also next door to Denmark :-) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Classics - some questions to explore

I Second this Germany was Denmark first country that it sold it products to, in the 1950/1960's, hence its well known -- Michael - - - Please reply on medwards@ukonline.co.uk Lugnet Member# 151 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Classics - some questions to explore

In some countries...like Germany, Denmark and other countries I don't know all of them on top of my head. Because my mind is full of other LEGO information. The Goverment's of those countries have pass rules/laws making LEGO the only (platic bricks (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Classics - some questions to explore

(...) HoMa, you're German, you're there, I based my comments on my observations the few times I was there... so if you have corrections or amplifications I'd love to hear about them, but I wasn't sure what part of what I said you were referring to (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Classics - some questions to explore

Hey Lar, I've been back to Germany a dozen times (after having been born there), and I've visited about 150 German toy stores. I can't see anything that you said about the German market that I wouldn't agree with. I too would be curious with (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Classics - some questions to explore

(...) Hi Larry, seems that I wasn't very correct in writing down my thoughts. Sorry, I will try again: First of all you might see things different as a "quest" because you know the way things work in the US. So I am used to the german way and I (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.general)

"Holger Matthes" <matthes@fh-aachen.de> wrote in message news:GDunqx.7Ix@lugnet.com... (...) has at (...) etc.) The situation in the Netherlands is very similar, there is a small LEGO collection in almost every household in the Netherlands too. I (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.general)