 General / 29370
Re: Cutting "Moon surface" baseplate? (Was: 8x16 baseplate colors?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 12:09:08 GMT

J.D. Forinash wrote:

In article <GB8L2u.BBJ@lugnet.com>, Jason Julich <jjulich@vaxxine.com> wrote:
I’m not going to cut my old 50x50, instead I think I might use an old 32x32
“moon surface” baseplate.  I have three, all are old and yellowing and when
I was a kid I colored in the craters of two of them with a black permanent
marker. I never use these, so, unless the “moon surface” baseplates are
super rare, I think I will just cut up the worst one of the three to get my
8x16 light gray baseplate. But then again, I might just go out and buy a new
48x48 or something smaller an cut it.

I dunno if I'd say "super rare", but I have none in my collection. I
wouldn't mind trying to salvage yours and would be more than happy to
trade you a 48x48 for it. :)

Note that Brasso takes off permanent marker pretty good, of course I
think the area inside the craters is somewhat textured so it may be more
work, but I agree, cut up a 48x48 baseplate before you cut up anything
else.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com