 General / 29070
  Re: Who is near Redmond?

(...) Felipe- You might get better results if you let us all know *which* Redmond, in which state! :D eric (23 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Who is near Redmond?

(...) No problem! I don't know if there are any other Redmonds, either, but it's possible... anyway, SEALUG is out there. Maybe they're getting together, or would be able to arrange a get-together. I'm posting this to their group and setting the (...) (23 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.sealug)

  Who is near Redmond?

Hi, I will be going to the states for 10 days, staying in Redmond and would like to meed some LUG. Is there any meeting that will occur near May 12? Best regards, Felipe Coury (23 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Who is near Redmond?

Lorbaat, (...) I never know there was more than one Redmond! I am going to Redmond, Campus, in Washington. Sorry 'bout that! Regards, Felipe Coury (23 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Who is near Redmond?

(...) Jeepers Eric, not only did you reply before Felipe posted, but you replied TWICE before he even posted the first time.... :-) :-) :-) :-) (in case you don't get it, look at the posting time in the NNTP headers, which is supplied by the client (...) (23 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.sealug)

  Re: Who is near Redmond?

(...) Felipe - yes as a SEALUG member I can tell you that our normal meetings are on the first Saturday of the month (May 5th would be the closest). However most SEALUG members enjoy getting together other than just meetings. At our next SEALUG (...) (23 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.sealug)

  Re: Who is near Redmond?

(...) In the US, it's usually safer to assume there's another city with the same name some where. Usually there are several same-name cities in different states. Heck, in Michigan we've got one city named 'Grand Rapids' and another named 'Big (...) (23 years ago, 27-Mar-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Who is near Redmond?

(...) Yeah. Like Springfield. ;^) ~Grand Admiral Muffin Head (23 years ago, 27-Mar-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Who is near Redmond?

(...) You're grand admiral again? Wow, quick promotion :) Adrian (23 years ago, 27-Mar-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Who is near Redmond?

(...) Oh, thanks a lot. Right after you post that, the boys from Internal Big Brother Division show up and reinitialize my signature file for this comm channel. :^P ~1st Lieutenant, Fleebnork Division Muffin Head (23 years ago, 27-Mar-01, to lugnet.general)

  Lieutenant (was Re: Who is near Redmond?)

Mark, (...) I have a modest english understanding but never figured out where the Lieutenant word came from. It doesn't looks like an english word, is that so? And more: what is the current army hierarchy from soldier to ...? Thanks in advance! (...) (23 years ago, 27-Mar-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lieutenant (was Re: Who is near Redmond?)

(...) I'm not Mark, but I'll still answer the question. It's from middle french, dating to around the 14th century. (...) Well, his old rank, Grand Admiral, would've been Navy. However, the US Navy doesn't have a rank of 1st Lieutenant, so I guess (...) (23 years ago, 27-Mar-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lieutenant (was Re: Who is near Redmond?)

(...) Depends on army Canadian Armed Forces (Navy) Non Commissioned Members Ordanary Seaman (OD) Able Seaman(AB) Leading Seaman(LS-that's my rank) Master Seaman(MS) Petty Officer, 2nd Class (PO2) Petty Officer, 1st Class (PO1) Chief Petty Officer, (...) (23 years ago, 27-Mar-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Who is near Redmond?

(...) Wow. 52 hits on Springfield in MapQuest. But (based on looking at just the first 6 hits), there are some duplicates. I wonder what placename has the most hits in MapQuest? Steve (yes, this should move to off-topic.fun. But I doubt the thread (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lieutenant (was Re: Who is near Redmond?)

(...) [Snip] A full listing of Canadian Forces ranks, with insignias, is available here: (URL) I did that "court-martial" email I messed up when I put "1st Lieutenant". I don't know what that is either..., I meant to put 2nd Lieutenant. That's the (...) (23 years ago, 29-Mar-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Who is near Redmond?

Lorbaat, (...) You bet it is... On my ticket reserve confimartion was this shiny words: "Redmond Bend, OR"... I had to cancel everything and start from scratch. Hey, does Redmond, WA has an airport? Thanks, Felipe Coury (23 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.sealug)

  Re: Who is near Redmond?

(...) Nope. Redmond is a smaller town incorporated into Seattle. A "Suburb" if you will. :^) ~1st Lieutenant, Fleebnork Division Muffin Head (23 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.sealug)