 General / 29114
Re: Lieutenant (was Re: Who is near Redmond?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 22:29:29 GMT

And more: what is the current army hierarchy from soldier to ...?

Depends on army

Canadian Armed Forces
(Navy)

Non Commissioned Members

Ordanary Seaman (OD)
Able Seaman(AB)
Leading Seaman(LS-that's my rank)
Master Seaman(MS)
Petty Officer, 2nd Class (PO2)
Petty Officer, 1st Class (PO1)
Chief Petty Officer, 2nd Class (CPO2)
Chief Petty Officer, 1st Class (CPO1)

Officer:
Acting Sub-Lieutenant (pronounced LEFT-tenant, not LOO-Tenant)
Sub Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Lieutenant Commander
Commander
Captain

And then Adm. of various types (I salute them all the same....so I don't
greatly worry about how many maple leaves they have...)

Since the CF is unified, there are some wierd ones in there...and I listed NAVY
not Army/Air Force ranks, because I can do the navy ones right from head, not
so with the other two...although the emblems are the same, so I know how much
respect to show...

James