 General / 29048
Re: Calling it Quits
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 25 Mar 2001 23:42:22 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Mark Sandlin writes:
After much consideration, I've decided to call it quits.
Perhaps it's just old age, or maybe I'm just losing interest.
Regardless, I've decided to sell off my collection.
I really want to thank everyone for all their support.
LEGO has brought me much happiness, but I think it's time to move on.

For Todd and Suzanne, I have the utmost respect.
Of all the places, for LEGO fans, LUGNet truly has no equal.
Of all the places on the net, LUGNet has been my favorite.
Let's take a moment to thank Todd & Suz for their efforts.
So in closure, I'd like to thank everyone and wish you all the best of luck.

~Grand Admiral Muffin Head
--
Mark's Lego(R) Creations
http://www.nwlink.com/~sandlin/lego

    I'm attempting to resist the powerful urge that pulsates within me. An
urge to say, ME…PICK ME…I'll BUY ‘ALL’ your Castle, Pirate, and Space
stuff!!! Therefore, before I succumb to the ravenous Lego consuming animal
within me (like the rest of the ‘vultures’ that circle around!) I'll attempt
to show some composure, and endeavor to offer you some –ADVICE.-

                 * * *  DON”T   SELL   ANYTHING  * * *

At least not yet! Even if you believe that much consideration has been put
into this decision. Give yourself some time to gain perspective on the
situation before you regret your actions. Once your hobby is gone, you can’t
simply change your mind and reclaim all of your cherished models and bricks.

I respect the fact that you’ve lost interest, but is it necessary to
vanquish all that you have formally cherished! Attempt to hold on to your
best creations, save some for your children, or donate some of your pieces
to those in your local LUG group, or to your nieces or nephews. Just
consider not selling ‘everything’ right ‘now.’

Rash decisions often return to haunt you in the future! I'm not trying to
stop you from entering into a ‘dark age’ I'm simply attempting to say, Wait…
back away from the abyss, think about why you formerly enjoyed the hobby and
ascertain what has so drastically changed.

  Sincerely,

                          --==Richard==--

You can reach me @ SHROUD_OF_KUNG_FU@Hotmail.com

-Lego good, Canada great-®

P.S. If this is an attempt at humor, its not funny...I know where you live ;)