 General / 28813
Re: Nearly 30 Years of Juniorization!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 01:05:06 GMT

Duq wrote:

NO!
I don't agree. The tractor frame is kinda big, but couldn't be made from
separate bricks. It added something otherwise impossible: steering. Apart
from the steering wheel it's pretty close to 'normal' bricks.
Compare that to those five-'brick' castles or one-piece motorbikes.
Different league.
If that tractor frame is called juniorisation, what would that make the '73
ship hulls? Or the crane arm in 332 ('67)?

It isn't obvious from the instructions that the steering wheel is
connected to the front wheel brick. The piece is still a SPUD. My point
though is that the use of large special purpose parts is not new at all.
My point has always been that there is generally a reason for large
pieces and almost every one has uses which depend on it being a single
piece. In 378's case, the steering and the special trailer piece both
server good purposes. The ship hulls are also definitely SPUDs, and some
people dislike them with a passion also (heck, one person even got out
of Pirates because he decided all he could do with the hulls was make
ships).

Frank