 General / 28839
Re: Nearly 30 Years of Juniorization!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 01:41:46 GMT

Great....sounds like we are hitting some common ground.
Not to detract from what you've said, and I've purposely erased the
I think SPUD's and POOP's are (were) a great marketing tool for Lego.
Why buy the set, when you could just make it on your own....of course
this was way, way before on-line instructions, etc.  But I think you
get the picture...
The SPUD's and POOP's forced you to buy a certain set if you wanted to
make that model (of course that stunted creativity on a related set,
but I don't think every body was die-hard when it came to making their
own creations.
That is all I have to say on the subject...the subject hit my attention.
Great initial post!!