 General / 28087
28086  |  28088
Subject:
Blulk Brick Sales In LegoLand Calif.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 00:22:11 GMT

All:

I'm a very infrequent poster over here at LUGNET (only 1 or 2
posts, total.)

My family and I just got back from 5 days at Legoland California.

While I was there, I wound up talking with Mr. De Shields, the
person in charge of retail bulk brick sales at the little shop
outside of the model shop.  The good news is that he said that
he was trying to increase the number of different kinds and
colors of bricks available for retail sale.  The bad news is
that he asked me for suggestions.  Unfortunately, I'm more into
using Lego's for robotics and I am pretty clueless as to what
kind of bulk bricks people want to buy.  I'm sure that there are
a whole bunch of people on this list who could have rattled off
a long list of suggested parts.  Alas, about the only brick
that I could think of was the 1x2 clear brick.  I did tell him
that I thought anything to increase the number different bricks
would be greatly appreciated.

I did have the presence of mind to ask him for his business card.
While I am extremely reluctant to post either his full name or
E-mail address to this list, I see no reason why I can't ask
the question here and forward the results to him.  I figure this
will help atone for my sin of not knowing in the first place.
So if you were in my shoes, what list of bulk bricks would you
have suggested?

Also, I should mention.  On my trip back from Legoland, I cooked
up this idea of making pretty much the entire inventory of the
Model shop available.  I've already sent that idea in, but it
is probably a long shot.

Thanks,

-Wayne

P.S. To contact me directly, please remove the three XYZ's.