 General / 28106
Re: Blulk Brick Sales In LegoLand Calif.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 03:10:05 GMT

In lugnet.general, Wayne Gramlich writes:
All:

I'm a very infrequent poster over here at LUGNET (only 1 or 2
posts, total.)

My family and I just got back from 5 days at Legoland California.

While I was there, I wound up talking with Mr. De Shields, the
person in charge of retail bulk brick sales at the little shop
outside of the model shop.  The good news is that he said that
he was trying to increase the number of different kinds and
colors of bricks available for retail sale.  The bad news is
that he asked me for suggestions.
<snip>
Wayne-
Please pass along my disappointment to him regarding my recent visit to
LLCa, when I found the bulk sales shop closed for the day.  Limiting access
won't sell well - why not make them more widely available throughout the
park?  I had to order some from the LL PO after I returned home, and I'm
waiting for UPS to bring them.

How about vending machines for  bulk bricks - where I can plunk in 50 cents
and get a few bricks from a gumball machine?

I was really looking forward to purchasing bulk bricks at the park, but I
couldn't.  Bah.

Ed