 General / 28101
Re: Bulk Brick Sales In LegoLand Calif.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 02:25:32 GMT

In lugnet.general, Wayne Gramlich writes:

My family and I just got back from 5 days at Legoland California.

While I was there, I wound up talking with Mr. De Shields, the
person in charge of retail bulk brick sales at the little shop
outside of the model shop.  The good news is that he said that
he was trying to increase the number of different kinds and
colors of bricks available for retail sale.  The bad news is
that he asked me for suggestions.

Greetings, Wayne,

Thanks for making it known that you've contacted someone inside TLG who may
potentially be helpful.

I will put in my vote for 1X4 / 2X2 hinge brick and hinge plate assemblies.

(top and bottom of hinge brick assembly)
http://img.lugnet.com/ld/3830.gif
http://img.lugnet.com/ld/3831.gif

(top and bottom of hinge plate assembly)

http://img.lugnet.com/ld/2429.gif
http://img.lugnet.com/ld/2430.gif

I need dozens of these, in several colors, for several different projects.
Several months ago, I asked Lugnet readers whether any of them would be
interested in this part, and I got several positive replies.

http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=17920

There's an assortment pack for sale from Shop At Home which offers a few of
each of these, but it's something like $4.00, plus shipping, for two hinge
bricks and two hinge plates.  The assortment includes many other parts which
are of absolutely no use to me.

--
John J. Ladasky Jr., Ph.D.
Department of Biology