 General / 28013
Re: Trainiacs can rejoice
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 22:07:40 GMT

"Jason J. Railton" <j.j.railton@cwcom.net> wrote in message
news:G980xB.Ksr@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.trains, Frank Buiting writes:
Why "Coming April 23, 2001" while a lot of the train specific bulkpacks • are
available today? Perhaps in april we will see even more train-parts • available?

They're not bulkpacks.  They're just the old Service Packs (SPs) of wheels
and buffers (though not forgetting the long wagon base kit).

Bulk, service - they're currently listed under bulk but we mean the same
packs :-)

From an e-mail
I got from S@H just before they went up on the website, they said they're
looking at what other SPs to add to the list - but drawn from the old • lists.
I wouldn't hold your breath for entirely new SPs.

What I meant was that the advert states that something train related is
happening at april 23. So what is happening april 23? In the line of thought
stated in the message I replied to ("selling more bulkpacks") I would expect
new packs to be released otherwise I'm missing what Matt Brooks meant.

There's probably more to come (what all the NDAs were
about), but you can't read much into one picture of a steam engine... Can
you?

Nope I can't and I don't claim to.

Then again, the train in the picture has new stickers so I guess there • will
be more to it than just new train bulkpacks.

Not sure I follow your logic there.

What I mean is that I don't expect LEGO to sell stickers as bulkpacks,
therefore I think it will be more than just new bulkpacks.

Surely the simplest interpretation of
that picture is that the engine is exactly what you get - nothing more,
nothing less.  No partial bulkpacks or anything, just that model with a • few
subtle variations (e.g. as you say, colour).

Yup, I think your guess is as good as mine, isn't it? Unless you have more
information ofcourse ;-)

-Frank