 General / 26883
Re: How much LEGO time is TOO much LEGO time?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 20 Jan 2001 15:02:52 GMT

In lugnet.general, Brad Hamilton writes:
I was thinking today about how much time I spend building LEGO models (My
own stuff, not sets).

I realized that I spend an average of at least 2-3 hours a day, every day.

I create with my bricks in different phases: in certain weeks I design new MOCs
in a big creativity (often half nights long, with a bottle of wine next to me).
That might take nearly 8 hours a day for 5 days till I need more sleep and
have to clean my appartment, so bricks have to be put away.

Then there are times I just sort bricks and build some "ideas" just out of a
handfull special bricks. Kind of new SNOT techniques and similar. (That takes
not more than 90 minutes a day).

And there are time I do not touch my collection, but I really spend hours and
hours online at lugnet, at ebay and especially at www.1000steine.de . If I
exaggerate this, I have read ALL postings of Lugnet, www.1000steine.de and have
taken a look through all eBay auctions and all new brickshelf galleries. (Of
course I also have a look at updated homepages and links given in lugnet
postings). If I feel bored then, I go and watch for news at lego.com.

This takes sometimes 48 hours of a complete weekend without a minute of sleep,
because there are lots of mails to answer and the faster you answer the more
mails you get.....
Now I'm at the end of such a phase (why else should I anser on a posting like
this one?)

Do you count the online hours as Lego®-hobby time too?

Kind Regards,

Ben