 General / 26865
Re: How much LEGO time is TOO much LEGO time?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 20 Jan 2001 04:19:49 GMT

My wife and I used to be in the same room when we were in an appartment and
she didn't like how the LEGO searching noise interfered with her TV
watching.  Now that we are in a house, we are a few rooms away, so we visit
each other every 1/2 hour or so.

The computer is in my LEGO room so I can surf and build at the same time!
It's also good for streaming MP3's off the net while building.

Mark Sandlin <sandlin@nwlink.com> wrote in message
in article G7FpLK.CrJ@lugnet.com, Brad Hamilton wrote:

I was thinking today about how much time I spend building LEGO models • (My
own stuff, not sets).

I realized that I spend an average of at least 2-3 hours a day, every • day.
This includes dry periods where I'm doing something else or take a break • for
a few days (because there are other days where I'll "play" for about 6-8
hours!).

So, this is about 14-21 hours a week!  That's quite a bit of time for a
hobby.

However, other folks spend that much time or more watching TV, so I • suppose
LEGO building is better than that.

What do other people think?  Is it unhealthy to build LEGO that much? • Are
other people worse?

I'm curious.

I spend about the same amount of time building as well. My LEGO table
happens to be in a corner of the living room, and it's next to the • computer
desk, so I can build and chat with my wife while she watches TV or surfs • the
net, so I'm not really missing out on any quality time, so to speak.

Beats the heck out of flipping channels looking for something good. :^)

~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin
--
Mark's Lego(R) Creations
http://www.nwlink.com/~sandlin/lego