 General / 26884
Re: New parts and LEGO Racers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 20 Jan 2001 15:33:45 GMT

Ken Dowd wrote:

In lugnet.general, Frank Filz writes:
I just got my Jan/Feb Mania Magazine today and on the back cover it
lists a group of 4 LEGO Studios sets, K1360 LEGO Studios Action Kit. Two
of the mini-sets have a 2x2 sculpted sloped part which looks to be
almost the same shape as the hood of the LEGO Racer car 4566 Gear. It
gets me wondering what size those LEGO Racers are, and why on earth does
a new part show up in a time HTO type set (the set of 4 Studios sets
looks like a similar deal to the 4 Adventurers sets now available as a
pack of 4 from S@H).

Frank

Out of curiosity, I bought the 4571 "Spiky" racer and was surprised to find
how small it actually was. The main part of the chassis is the size of a 2x6
brick with the wheels sticking out each side and the bumpers on each end

Ok, then the piece I saw in the studio sets is clearly used in the LEGO
Racer sets also.

Well, that was probably more than you wanted to know. BTW, what color is the
hood piece in the studio sets?

Great info, thanks. There is a yellow one in one set and a red one in
another set.

Frank