 General / 24663
Re: Lego To Close Molding, Processing at Enfield, CT plant
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 18:13:06 GMT

Thomas Main wrote:

I think this is good news overall.  Especially this part:

        What did we learn?

I agree.  I also noticed that section, but here are some blurbs which caught my
eye:

                 What did we learn?

<snip>

                        We need to focus on strengthening our direct consumer
                        access and on building stronger consumer relations.

<snip>

                 What have we decided to do?

<snip>

                 We want, to a much higher degree, to be in close contact with
our
                 consumers, to listen to them, to make their wishes our starting
point ?
                 and to communicate even more clearly with them.

This is a great sign IMO and reflects the strategy that Brad Justus has already
initiated through LEGO Direct.  I am bummed that they are closing the brick
production in Enfield, however:-(  Just knowing that bricks were being made in
the US was a comfort somehow...

-John