 LEGO Company / 158
Re: Lego To Close Molding, Processing at Enfield, CT plant
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 15:08:04 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Eric Kingsley writes:
In lugnet.lego, Nathan McDowell writes:
In lugnet.lego, Lawrence Wilkes writes:

"ENFIELD, Conn. (AP) -- Toymaker Lego Systems Inc. said Monday it would
close its molding and processing operations in Connecticut as part of a
global restructuring.

Yike's!!!  What does that mean for 3033 Tubs?  Don't those come from Enfield?
I can't see those being sold if they have to import them!

  On the speculatively plus side, didn't we (LUGNet at large) identify a
potential problem with economic competition between bulk sales of bricks and
the brick tubs themselves?  Perhaps if the 3033 is discontinued TLC will be
able to devote more product to bulk sales, possibly even reflected in pricing?

     Dave!