 General / 24206
RE: What set has black roof peak/gable?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 18:57:31 GMT

Gary Istok writes:
From 1958 to circa 1970, there was a sloped brick peak that is
no longer in production today.  It is a 2x2 peak, except the roof
ridge is not "I" shaped, but "L" shaped.  It was discontinued
because this effect can also be done with a gable
connector, a half pyramid, and a regular peak bricks.

Probably one of the only cases where LEGO discontinued a POOP instead of
creating one... Wish it still worked that way...
--Bram

Bram Lambrecht
BXL34@po.cwru.edu
http://home.cwru.edu/~bxl34/