 General / 24165
Re: What set has black roof peak/gable?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 16:09:44 GMT

Mike Walsh wrote:

"Erik Olson" <olsone@spamcop.net> wrote in message
news:G3r3qs.FI@lugnet.com...
You know the part on Build-A-Santa's Head that is a 1x slice of roof peak, • with
the funny hollow angled extension that fits over another slope brick... • They
come in the red roof pack but not the black roof pack, but somehow I've • got two
from other places. So, where did they come from?

Obviously I'm in a bind here and I need some more! I made a T-shaped • building
and at the point where 3 roof peaks come together, it needs 3 of these • gable
peaks to make the joint. It's a pretty cool feature of the roof brick • system,
too! Just where do these black gables come from?

-Erik

There are a bunch of them in the 2152 Robo-Raptor.

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com

Yes, the only Robo-Raptor sets I've ever purchased were two of the 2152's for
these gable "gable connector" pieces that Erik described.  The set that had the
entire range of black slopes was 730.  I was sooooo happy back in the 1980's
when I saw this set because of the black slopes, that I went out and bought 5.

There is another piece not in the current black slopes parts pack.  I believe it
is the 3x2 peak brick.

It's kinda funny that Erik mentioned those little Santa sets.  Back when they
came out (early 90's?), I went out and bought about 80 of those little
polybags.  They were 79 cents each.  I wanted those 1/2 pyramid peaks and gable
connectors in red, since they are not available in quantity in any regular set.
I also purchased dozens of the Snowmen sets (the ones with the 4 regular sloped
and 4 inverse sloped white outside corner bricks), and a few of the Santa with
Sleigh and Reindeer sets.  I have always been keeping an eye out for these
little holiday sets, especially after the holidays when they go on sale.

Gary Istok