 General / 24169
Re: What set has black roof peak/gable?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 17:33:59 GMT

In lugnet.general, Erik Olson writes:
You know the part on Build-A-Santa's Head that is a 1x slice of roof
peak, with the funny hollow angled extension that fits over another
slope brick... They come in the red roof pack but not the black roof
pack, but somehow I've got two from other places. So, where did they
come from?

Obviously I'm in a bind here and I need some more! I made a T-shaped building
and at the point where 3 roof peaks come together, it needs 3 of these gable
peaks to make the joint. It's a pretty cool feature of the roof brick system,
too! Just where do these black gables come from?

-Erik

If I'm understanding the piece you're refering to here
(http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=3049) (I believe Gary Istok
calls them "Gable Connectors"), you should only need one of these pieces at
the top of the 'T' in the roof, not three.  You can use the regualr double
slope peak pieces to connect the two opposing sides, and then one of the
pieces you describe to join the perpendicular roof line.  You may have been
doing that all ready, but it didn't sound like it from your need for three
of them.  But maybe I'm just not understanding how the roof line looks.

And I checked my parts database and as others have replied to you, the only
set I have gotten any of these parts form in black is the Robo Raptor set
2152.  But it came with 10 of them!

Good luck,
Kim