 General / 22149
Re: A project suggestion= Let's develop a Theme ourselves....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.general, lugnet.town
Date:
Sat, 16 Sep 2000 18:58:13 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Braden Fox writes:
Okay, so if we do build canals, what are yours gonna be like?? I've been
wanting to build one since the working lego ones i saw at legoland, but
who has the grey bricks to do the side walls?? Or, would you guys mae it
like a trench in a lego layuout table? I just kind of got into this • discussion,
so i'm just curious. Anyone have other ideas fo the walls of the canals,
not just how damn big you're gonna make em? :o)

See my other post for my sugestion, even if it is a totally non-pure solution.

Anyways, i don't remmeber who said it, but Canada has lots of canals,
with locks too! I saw a few last summer right in Ontario. Narrow ones
though, but still neat. Also, i've seen a lot accross Europe, and some of
them really aren't that wide, but i guess those are only for passengers
than.

Braden Fox

Yep.  Ontario has Trent-Severn, and Rideau.  Also, the seaway, with the major
locks being at Port Welland (near Niagara Falls...hence the locks!).  All 3
types of lifting system are in use on the Trent, with 2 lift locks
(Peterborough, and Kirkfield), a marine railway (Big Chute), and lots of normal
locks.

So, if you want variety...we have it!.  The Trent is built to
23 widex6 deepx84 long, although most of the locks are bigger than that.
Rather larger than the typical UK canal :)

James