 General / 2186
Re: Lego Has updated its online Catalog!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 23 Jan 1999 21:13:56 GMT

Fredrik Glöckner writes:
Alan Shutko <shutkoa@ugsolutions.com> writes:

It wasn't.  The apparent point being that you can use these sets to
make non-Star Wars models.

Uh, yes.  That was what I meant to say.  Sorry for being unclear.

You weren't.  I was trying to be funny.

Some sets the last years have come without any alternate models at all,
so I'm happy to see that the Star Wars sets have.  Take Time Cruisers as
an example (no alternate models), or some of this year's Technic
models.  (8252, 8253, 8355).

Isn't it funny (and a bit sad) how the SW sets are more "LEGO" than the
regular System sets (ie, Adventurers, Town Center, etc.).  The new pieces are
less specialized, the sets build reasonable alternate models, the minifig
faces aren't all new (there's even a plain smiley).

Steve