 Star Wars / 406
Re: Lego Has updated its online Catalog!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 23 Jan 1999 00:45:26 GMT

On Fri, 22 Jan 1999 20:46:35 GMT, "John VanZwieten" <john_vanzwieten@msn.com>
wrote:

Terry, did you see the alternate models of the snowspeeder and x-wing?  It
looks like the new hinge for the x-wing wings has the same form as the
windscreen hinge.  Look at the legs on the snowspeeder alt. model.  1X2
bricks with 1 and 2 fingers off the short end.  The hinge must be pretty
strong if it holds the arms of the mech on the x-wing alt. model.  I suspect
the x-wing has two of these holding each wing.

Now to build the alt. models in Ldraw to see which pieces I'm "missing" in
my main models.  (New part creation may have to wait)  The new pics of the
snowspeeder should help a bunch in finishing that for Ldraw.  If only I
could see the back sides of the x- and y-wings.

No, not yet.  But I thought of the same thing when I read about the alternates!
But from your description, I am surprised.  Those don't seem like they would be
that stiff.

-- Terry K --