 General / 20499
Re: This is cool!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 13:07:48 GMT

In lugnet.general, Eric Kingsley writes:
Oh I think we would all agree its a better use of our time then TV.

Heh. I don't think *everyone* will agree w/you, but *I* do. ;-)

The way my sister goes about it is just addictive. She is literally
transplanted in front of the TV, and it's getting downright miserable.

(I, OTOH, I'm transplanted in front of the computer and/or lego, so says mom,
which in her eyes as just as bad... not my eyes, though. At least this is
stimulating, creativity is involved, and I meet people (not TV actors).)

I can't
tell you how little I watch TV anymore.

I used to watch "my shows" twice a week. I don't even do that anymore - I just
don't watch any, unless there's a really good movie on. And there rarely
are. :-)

At any rate, I do what I enjoy, and if someone think's it's stupid, I really
don't give a brick.

Ditto.  I spent to much time worrying about doing what was cool when I was
growing up.  I for one am far beyond that now and could care less what others
think about my hobbies.

Heh. <sigh> ... I spend barely no time on what's "cool" and shallow (clothes?
TV? Pop music? Ugh). Maybe that's why I didn't make too many friends in
Boston... (or maybe that's because I live in the snobbiest town. Who knows...
who cares).
...I definitely don't think it's because I'm unfriendly. <grin> I have some
great friends in Israel, and I'm making some at amazing rates in camp (it's
only the third day out of thirty, and I feel like I've known these people for
years.)

-Shiri, reporting live from .il