 Castle / 5572
Re: This is cool!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 19:08:59 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Craig Hamilton writes:
ADOLS ~ Adult Despisers Of LEGO... scary to think that for every one of
us, there is one of them!  i've met people who think my passion for lego is

If you change that to Adult Despisers of Lego Fans, you've got ADOLFS, a more
accurate/descriptive acronym.

I've gotten hundreds of messages telling me my site sucks.

i have'nt gotten any of those, but i've gotten some pretty weird e-mails
from non-afol webtv-ers when my site was featured in the january webtv
newsletter.  they all were pretty positive, and the worst i got was someone
informing me that i have way too much free time. (ha! if they only knew!)

I've gotten that comment a lot too (oddly, from people who casually collect
Lego). Friends who normal think lego is far to childish and immature and
reflects poorly on me change their tune when they see either a really large
model I've created or just one that happens to tie into something they're a
fan of (Star Wars, military aircraft, Transformers, etc). At which point the
comment "Oh, I didn't know you could do THAT; I meant Lego like the toys I had
as a kid... that's the stuff that's too childish"

I think it would benefit all ADOLFS to see something they're fanatical about
interpreted in our favourite bricks.

Mark