 General / 20535
Re: This is cool!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 18:54:47 GMT

In lugnet.general, Shiri Dori writes:
...I'm transplanted...

Well, only if from Israel to the U.S., and then back again -- and if it
happens much more your roots may wither!

I think the word you may have wanted was "transfixed" -- which means to be
motionless, as with terror, amazement, or awe. Also: wondering, marveling,
admiring, awed, awestruck, fascinated, spellbound, IMPRESSED, surprised,
UNEXPECTANT, astonished, amazed, astounded, in wonderment, rapt, lost in
wonder, lost in amazement, unable to believe one's eyes or senses
wide-eyed, round-eyed, popeyed, with one's eyes popping out of one's head
open-mouthed, agape, gaping, dazzled, blinded, dumbfounded, dumb, struck dumb,
inarticulate, speechless, breathless, wordless, left without words, silenced,
SILENT, bowled over, struck all of a heap, thunderstruck, rooted to the spot
dazed, stupefied, bewildered, PUZZLED, aghast, flabbergasted

Anyway, the way to deal with your sister is to just give her a good, swift
kick!

=oP

-- Richard