 General / 20498
Re: My first mosaic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 12:58:54 GMT

John Gramley wrote:

Hey all!

I just finished my first mosaic using Todd's Mosaic Maker, and I've put
together an FTX page about it.  It covers all of the steps I used to make it
and it discusses the techniques I used in building it.  It was fun to build,
and I'm looking forward to making more.

Please let me know what you think of the mosaic and if you have any questions
that I didn't cover.

http://www.lugnet.com/cad/mosaic/~225/Kendra

It looks great, John!  What do you plan to do with it - that is, where's it going
to be displayed?

One of my favorite features about Todd's setup is that you can turn the dithering
on and off - leaving it on gives you the ultra-realism, as evidenced by mosaics
likes yours and the Mona Lisa.  Turning it off produces a more blocky, "artsy"
feel to it. A couple months ago there was an item of this type for auction on
ebay - I copied the pic to my directory in Brickshelf:

The gamma correction factor is wonderful too.

Last week I made one of this sort using a picture of my wife - I hope to take
pictures of it tonight (borrowing the digital camera from work) and post them
tomorrow.  Much to her chagrin and embarrassment, it's set up in a corner of the
living room, at my insistence <g>.

-s