 General / 20515
Re: My first mosaic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 16:08:01 GMT

In lugnet.general, Shaun Sullivan writes:
It looks great, John!  What do you plan to do with it - that is,
where's it going to be displayed?

Right now it's in my living room where everyone can see as they come in the
front door.  But since it uses up almost all of my 1x1 bricks and I want to do
other mosaics, it won't be permanent.

One of my favorite features about Todd's setup is that you can turn the • dithering
on and off - leaving it on gives you the ultra-realism, as evidenced by • mosaics
likes yours and the Mona Lisa.  Turning it off produces a more blocky, "artsy"
feel to it. A couple months ago there was an item of this type for auction on
ebay - I copied the pic to my directory in Brickshelf:

The gamma correction factor is wonderful too.

Yeah, there are a bunch of great features.  I didn't have to do any gamma
correction on this picture, but I have others that will need some to get an
accurate representation.  I like being able to pick the colors I want to use.
I also had Mosaic Maker render Kendra in all of the Lego colors using 1x1
plates.  It was very realistic.

I can't wait until Lego has their mosaic program up and running so that I can
get lots of gray (and black and white) plates to do gray-scale mosaics with
Todd's Mosaic Maker.

Last week I made one of this sort using a picture of my wife - I hope to take
pictures of it tonight (borrowing the digital camera from work) and post them
tomorrow.  Much to her chagrin and embarrassment, it's set up in a corner of • the
living room, at my insistence <g>.

Great!  I can't wait to see them.

John Gramley