 General / 19444
  Re: auczilla XII: got yours yet?

(...) Chris, None of the XII packages are out the door yet -- but we could send you a partial shipment of what's divvied out so far, if the wait is unbearable. BTW, the AucZILLA XII auction closed on approximately April 12, which was about 2.5 (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: auczilla XII: got yours yet?

(...) This seems to be a chronic complaint. I've lost track of how many times I've received mail from people saying "I know you know Todd well, do you know how to get him to respond to mail? I have the following problem: <snip>, and he doesn't (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: auczilla XII: got yours yet?

(...) < huge amount of snippage> (...) None of my remarks are meant to desparage or otherwise insult anyone or how they do business. I answer these questions out of my experience gained from selling/auctioning Lego to pay my rent and expenses. I am (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: auczilla XII: got yours yet?

(...) I snipped away everything else. Some great stuff there and I want to come back to it later. But let me just say that my comments weren't intended to be disparaging either. Lugnet is idiosyncratic just like its owners are, and that's a fact, (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: auczilla XII: got yours yet?

I can relate to the Auczilla shipping delay problems. In another part of my life, I was responsible for sending out sheet music to people on a monthly basis. I got 50 requests, each for 10 songs, each month. I had to spend 6 - 8 hours figuring out (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: auczilla XII: got yours yet?

After going through our (one) parts auction, i can speak from experience. The software you use to manage the auction can have a huge impact on how things go. It can turn an uncontrollable monster into something managable. But there's no way to get (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: auczilla XII: got yours yet?

(...) ROFL!!! And if he does, he can take me as a baby-sitter. ;-) -Shiri (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: auczilla XII: got yours yet?

(...) NO. Its name was "500 LEGO Sets Auction." --Todd (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: auczilla XII: got yours yet?

(...) If he does, can he pay you in Lego, so you can skip the shopping process?:-) Jude What do you call a cat that falls in a vat of pickles? A sour-puss. :-) (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: auczilla XII: got yours yet?

To All, Well, I certainly can appreciate Todd & Suzannes handling of the Auczilla shipments. Since I have launched my sales page, I have been working every moment I have to get orders out, stock replaced, websites updated, and the like, and I have (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: auczilla XII: got yours yet?

I must say, anybody who takes on projects with element counts as high as AucZilla should definitely be committed. Julie "one of those who should be committed" Krenz (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: auczilla XII: got yours yet?

Todd, (...) [...] (...) Yikes! Sir, sorry, Mr. Lehman, sir. : ) I honestly didn't remember, and I think, if memory serves me, there was quite a discussion. Now I have this e-mail archived, to remember that the 4031 did come from the "500 LEGO Sets (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: auczilla XII: got yours yet?

(...) So did you manage things by opening the sets, sorting all the bricks into containers, then picking the pieces for each lot from the containers? Or was it more like you opened each set, sorted the parts directly to the lots? Or something else? (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: auczilla XII: got yours yet?

(...) My parts auction had variable lot sizes so I couldn't pre-sort into lots. My software did a lot of the work for me. Here's how it went: I counted each piece type and color and entered it into my software so that it ended up in an access (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: auczilla XII: got yours yet?

I've heard of baby sitters raiding the fridge, but that one's real frightening! "Have the baby in bed by 8, no boyfriends, and stay out of the legos!" brian (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: auczilla XII: got yours yet?

(...) The proper customer centric way to phrase this would be: "Thanks so much for your input, and we are really glad that you were able to participate, but the correct name was '500 LEGO Sets Auction'. We'd appreciate it if you used the name we (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jun-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: auczilla XII: got yours yet?

(...) Heck, I figure that it is the bumps that makes the Legos stick together and therefore so interesting. If they were smooth, building with them would be quite boring. (And yes, I know, most everyone calls them studs, but I felt like taking a (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jun-00, to lugnet.market.theory)