 General / 16777
Re: Interview with Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 25 Mar 2000 16:09:24 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.general, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.general, Christian Lindblad Rasmussen writes:
The following is taken from a Danish newspaper that had an interview
with Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen last week.

[...]
After laying off 1000 last year, it is again fun to working for Lego.

I wonder if something was lost in the translation here.  :-)

Well, the phrasing is awkward, but I read it as "working for Lego last year
was not fun because of the 1000 people laid off, now that we are past that, it
is again fun to work for Lego".

More (programable) electronic bricks sounds like fun (so long as they aren't
all like those light+sound units with very limited application).

I also read that service packs won't necessarily go away (the comment about
using internet sales to overcome the inability of stores to cary all the
various sets and supplementary packs suggests this).

Frank