 General / 11122
Re: Lego: Toy of the Century! (according to Fortune)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 22:14:41 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ben Gatrelle writes:
This thread brings up a question I have mulling over for some time: How does
one get a fairly estimate pieces-in-collection count?

I am currently going through my boxes-and-instructions closet making a list of
what I have for insurance purposes, in case something happens (I do have
replacement value insurance).  But on top of the sets and boxes I have I know
that I have done a fair amount of yard sale buying and eBay collection and
bulk buying, not to mention the too-many to count TLG buckets I have • purchased.

I have only been collecting seriously for the last five years or so after my
dark ages.  I can't imagine what it woudl be like to catalog one of these huge
collections from scratch.

Ben Gatrelle
(Spam is not sold at yellowcastle.com marketplace)

In lugnet.general, Adrian Drake writes:
Scott "Only at 110,000 bricks & 1300 minifigs" Sanburn

Well, jeez.  I only have 44,000 bricks.  And yet every person who sees my
collection has said "That's a lot of lego!"

Adrian
--
http://junior.apk.net/~tremor/lego.html

You know, I am trying to do the same thing, inventory.  It takes forever!  I
think I have somewhere *around* 50,000 split between my old stuff at mom +
dads house and here at home.  The problem for me is what are the proper names
of all the bricks?  How do I inventory them so other people know what I mean?
Is there a general guide that tells you what to call an item so that other
people can recognize it, or do I have to create a decoder key?  Can anybody
suggest something, please?

Can you believe that I have ZERO trains?
Thanks,
Aaron