 General / 11111
Re: Lego: Toy of the Century! (according to Fortune)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 20:07:48 GMT

Scott E. Sanburn wrote:

John Gerlach wrote:

"During the past five decades, more than 203 billion LEGO bricks have been
sold world-wide (more than 33 for every person on the planet)."

Hmmm...  I think a lot of us here on LUGNET are skewing that 'per person'
number UP just a bit!

Or, if I look at it another way, I've probably got several thousand other
people's share of bricks at my house...  --grin--

JohnG

Only 33? Hmmm... maybe enough for a Town Junior skyscraper. :)

I am sure between Gary Istok, Larry P, the train groups, and Tom
Stangl, etc. we have definitely bumped that number up! Good selection,
however, and adults were mentioned in the ad.

Scott "Only at 110,000 bricks & 1300 minifigs" Sanburn

Scott E. Sanburn

Yeah, if you take  me, Lar, Tom, Conan and the train groups out of the picture
it would be more like 12 bricks per person ............. heh-heh-heh ......just
kidding.

To paraphrase the famous statesman Everett McKinley Dirksen, "a billion here, a
billion there, pretty soon it adds up to real LEGO".

Gary Istok