 General / 11113
Re: Lego: Toy of the Century! (according to Fortune)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 20:21:41 GMT

That would be Conan (don't know his last name, but Larry P. does).  He has 2.3
million.  He is a member of GMLTC, but doesn't participate in LUGNET.  But his
collection is of rather recent vintage, if memory serves me correctly.  In the
number 2 spot would be the producer Norman Lear, weighing in at about 1 million
bricks.  Then ....?  I don't exactly know where I fall.

Here at work we were just talking about this topic, when someone blurted out
about the fact that Lincoln Logs was one of the top 10 in the Arts &
Entertainment TV list of all time great toys, but not LEGO.  He said kiddingly
(realizing it was a stupid top 10 list) with Lincoln Logs you can build
everything you can build with LEGO, such as a Lincoln Log Skyscraper, or the
Lincoln Log Center for the Performing Arts......

Gary Istok

Scott E. Sanburn wrote:

Well, I know Gary Istok has at least 500,000+ pieces, there are a few
more that he knows of, one person has over 2,000,000! :) Gary?

Scott S.

Adrian Drake wrote:

Scott "Only at 110,000 bricks & 1300 minifigs" Sanburn

Well, jeez.  I only have 44,000 bricks.  And yet every person who sees my
collection has said "That's a lot of lego!"

It makes me wonder, idly, who has the largest collection on lugnet.

Adrian
--
http://junior.apk.net/~tremor/lego.html

Scott E. Sanburn
CAD Operator
Affiliated Engineers, Inc.

Work Page:
http://www.aeieng.com/

Home Page:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/index.html

Main LEGO Page:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/legoindex.html

Soon to come: Star Wars LEGO Sets Parts Selling Page!