 General / *710 (-20)
  I think I'm getting too involved...

Well, I've come out of my Dark Ages full force - now I'm into buying old/discontinued sets. Any day now I expect to feel the creeping desire for a Guarded Inn steal over me as it seems to do every other LEGO Castle enthusiast... But anyway, I saw (...) (26 years ago, 18-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Guitars

The guitars are excellent! OK, check out the Angry Butane Steroids at: (URL) -gyug (...) (26 years ago, 18-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  (canceled)

  Re: Sig

(...) It's something that's definitely more -possible- in that scenario... But not being a big fan of sigs (because of bandwidth and indexing), I can't say I'm exactly chomping at the bit to write that particular hunk of code... :) --Todd (26 years ago, 18-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: How many bricks from San Francisco to New York?

(...) Ooh -- that'd be even cooler! And then how much time would it take for a monorail car to get from one coast to the other? I don't know how fast the cars go but the straight track segments are 32 studs long, so...hmm...that works out to (...) (26 years ago, 18-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Sig

(...) I think Todd has said before that sig's will be something that will be included once the more advanced membership options go live. (26 years ago, 18-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego vs. K-nex

(...) Another (all Lego) Option would be to use the Technic Pneumatic Tubing or that new Corrugated Tube that's used in a lot of the new Technic models. The advantage of this is that: It's all Lego. The disadvantage is that : It's all Lego (and (...) (26 years ago, 18-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: How many bricks from San Francisco to New York?

(...) personally, i've wondered how many monorail track segments it would take to get from san francisco to boston (and how many batteries!)...but i've never calculated. perhaps that's the difference between a todd-level lego-er and me? :) --nikky (26 years ago, 18-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

Bram Lambrecht wrote in message <19981117.170117.509...no.com>... (...) A cross-country drive is roughly 3000 miles (it was about 3050 from Charlotte, NC to Seattle, WA when my girlfriend and I moved to the Seattle area) and goes over the mountains, (...) (26 years ago, 17-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: How many bricks from San Francisco to New York?

(...) Does that include going over hills/mountains and into valleys? The Rocky mountains would be quite an obstacle to build over! :) --Bram Bram Lambrecht / o o \ BramL@juno.com ---...---oooo-----(_...o---...--- WWW: (URL) (26 years ago, 17-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: How many bricks from San Francisco to New York?

a little over 304 million, assuming that you are stacking 2 high to attach them, and the distance were 3000 miles. (12(inches) x 5280(feet) x 3000(miles) / 1.25(inches-length of 2x4 brick) x 2 (2 bricks high). As I am in the UK, how about a Lego (...) (26 years ago, 17-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Sig

Using LUGnet's web interface, how can I include my sig in a post, or can I? -Tom McD (typing in his email address by hand for weeks now) (26 years ago, 17-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego vs. K-nex

(...) I meant to imply that very wish myself through my posting. Good to see it worked. :-P I've been thinking of using aquarium pump tubing along with (maybe) 1x1 plates with Side Rotated Studs as mounts, and see how that works (I'd try slicing (...) (26 years ago, 17-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Lego marketing to adults

I just read a journal article which discussed Lego's marketing plan for the UK and Europe. I thought this paragraph was especially interesting in light of the criticism Town Jr. and overly specialized pieces have gotten on LUGNET and rtl: Quoted (...) (26 years ago, 17-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Guitars

(...) Thanks. I have to look at more guitar mags. I just added another guitar to my page with a trem on it. (...) I have some of those, and I wasn't quite happy with them. Although they're the closet single piece to a guitar, IMO they make better (...) (26 years ago, 17-Nov-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.build)

  Re: Lego Military?

If you are talking current earth military, The first guy to come to my mind is Terry Keller and his F-15 "ish" jet, and his spectacular AH-64A Longbow Apache. There is a lot of space military and mech stuff out there too (some on Terry's page as (...) (26 years ago, 17-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Guitars

Tom McDonald wrote in message ... (...) The lever is called a tremolo, or trem, or the better sounding "whammy bar". By the way, have you tried the ground crew paddles as found in the Patriot Jet box? There are two of them. Are these available in (...) (26 years ago, 17-Nov-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.build)

  Re: Guitars

(...) Update on accoustic guitars: I really couldn't make one that was recognizable as such. Ideally, you need a 2 x 2 1/2 plate, rounded on both ends, with a hole in it. I suppose it could be done with a brown 2x2 round plate, on top of a 1x2 plate (...) (26 years ago, 17-Nov-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.build)

  Re: Lego Military?

(...) I have made several Military planes. Though the bobdy is kind of funny (they are usually based on existing planes such as the Business Jet, I have armed them to the max. Whenever I get enough time to finish a web site, I will have pictures (...) (26 years ago, 17-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: How many bricks from San Francisco to New York?

(...) Food Service disposable plastic gloves. Would make small-part handling a challenge. But that's what pharmacist pill-sorting boards are for. Steve (26 years ago, 17-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact