 General / 702
Re: How many bricks from San Francisco to New York?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 17 Nov 1998 23:24:11 GMT

Bram Lambrecht wrote in message <19981117.170117.5095.0.braml@juno.com>...
a little over 304 million, assuming that you are stacking 2 high to
attach them, and the distance were 3000 miles.
(12(inches) x 5280(feet) x 3000(miles) / 1.25(inches-length of 2x4
brick) x 2 (2 bricks high).

Does that include going over hills/mountains and into valleys?  The Rocky
mountains would be quite an obstacle to build over! :)

A cross-country drive is roughly 3000 miles (it was about 3050 from
Charlotte, NC to Seattle, WA when my girlfriend and I moved to the Seattle
area) and goes over the mountains, so his estimate would be pretty close,
including the mountains.

alex