 General / 691
Re: How many bricks from San Francisco to New York?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 17 Nov 1998 13:27:46 GMT

Once upon a time, lehman@javanet.com (Todd Lehman) wrote:

Well, you know, I typed that while eating a sandwich.  And while it's
generally safe to bring food near the keyboard, we have strict no-food
rules about handling the LEGO we ship out.  We even scrub our hands after
handling any rubber LEGO tires.  (Small rubber LEGO tires are sort of oily
from the manufacturing process, and we don't want to disturb the pristine
qualities of the regular pieces by handling them after the tires.  Oddly,
the larger Technic tires don't have oily problems...different kind of rubber
manufacturing process, I guess.)  Plus I am still fighting off a cold.

Food Service disposable plastic gloves.

Would make small-part handling a challenge.  But that's what
pharmacist pill-sorting boards are for.

Steve