 General / 697
696  |  698
Subject:
Lego marketing to adults
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 17 Nov 1998 20:58:05 GMT

I just read a journal article which discussed Lego's marketing plan for
the UK and Europe.  I thought this paragraph was especially interesting
in light of the criticism Town Jr. and overly specialized pieces have
gotten on LUGNET and rtl:

Quoted from _Marketing_, Sept. 10, 1998 issue:

The aim is to broaden the brand's message to include adults as well as
children. "The idea is to take Lego
back to what adults believe it is about, which is creativity and the art
of construction, rather than playing
with readymade toys," said a source close to Lego.

--
Thomas Main
main@appstate.edu