 General / *2050 (-20)
  Re: Bug in pause..?

(...) Airshort Puttle was found Cuper Sar was NOT! Got 19 responses. Thanks for playing our game. We have some lovely parting gifts for you. -Tom McD. We'll have more, right after this... (26 years ago, 15-Jan-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: MiniFig Ponderings?

(...) Hah! That was great! Every once in a while I consider buying a Belville set, but I can't seem to justify the cost for the very few pieces I want. Maybe I should just bite the bullet and do it anyway and give the unwanted parts and figs to my (...) (26 years ago, 15-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  FOTW- sail 'n' fly marina & the way things were

On my way home yesterday I stopped by the little local toystore, kind of a mom and pop place, and guess what they had sitting inside? A brand new sail and fly marina set. It was still list price but I didn't mind. It had apparently come from the (...) (26 years ago, 15-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: German Sales Levels

Steve Bliss wrote in message <369f3f93.3082410@lu...et.com>... (...) I'm not sure, but I think in recent years sales have been disappointing in Germany, even before Town Jr was released. See www.lego.com for the annual reports on 1997 and 1996. (...) (26 years ago, 15-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: MiniFig Ponderings?

Beaker wrote in message ... (...) the (...) They did for Paradisa, I've got a few sets... Steve (26 years ago, 15-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  German Sales Levels

Odd train of thought for the day: Germans are well-known for their orderly, follow-the-instructions approach to life.[1][2] According to hearsay, Germany is LEGO's biggest retail market. Town Jr. presents a reduced level of building in LEGO sets. (...) (26 years ago, 15-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: MiniFig Ponderings?

Tim McSweeney wrote in message ... (...) Hair.... (...) For a female Technic Fig, have a look at (URL) you want it with full navigation frames: (URL) select 'bits and pieces' from menu Eric Brok Visit LEGO ON MY MIND: (URL) Control section: (URL) (...) (26 years ago, 15-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Bug in pause..?

(...) Okie dokie, searches ending in "er" are no longer broken. I rewrote the character trigraph indexer...it's a bit simpler and even a bit faster. I'm still not truly sure why the script was getting a segmentation fault on large stored lists in (...) (26 years ago, 15-Jan-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: gender changers?

(...) Oops, got the first two round the wrong way. Never mind, its makes them all the more interesting :-) Grahame Reid (26 years ago, 15-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Hey CO, it was nice...

As a reminder, please don't seny anything to my voyager account. If you did and you didn't hear from me, I probably deleted it. That account gets 95% spam so I sweep it out. Decode the spamblock, it's not that hard. Thanks. (...) (26 years ago, 15-Jan-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.co.den)

  Re: MiniFig Ponderings?

I told my daughter about this Luggage thread, and as a Terry Pratchett fan she right away built a Luggage. No, you can't stick minifig legs on a chest directly, but you can stick them handily into a standard 2x4 brick, plunk the chest on top of (...) (26 years ago, 15-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: gender changers?

(...) them (...) name) a (...) and also (...) found (...) Tyco made the 2x2 flat with studs on both sides. I have a few, they are cool pieces. Tyco also made some 2x2 hinges that are 1 brick high (I think, don't have them here with me). They can (...) (26 years ago, 15-Jan-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

  Re: MiniFig Ponderings?

(...) I appreciate it when other do what I call "bodymonopoeia" :) I guess I should have been clearer: I don't think TLG is ready to retire minifigs so I thought such a message might get them back on the minifig track. But speaking of track, if (...) (26 years ago, 15-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: MiniFig Ponderings?

(...) Well, no, but they do make them in yellow, which is 'flesh color' for the LEGOverse... J (26 years ago, 15-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: MiniFig Ponderings?

(...) The Technic Figs aren't too bad, apart from the fact that they aren't modular. Wish List: Modular Technic Figs so I can swap leg secions, Arm Section, Heads, Hair.... Some Female Technic Figs. The guys are getting lonely.(1) Cheers Tim (1) (...) (26 years ago, 15-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: MiniFig Ponderings?

(...) I'm not so sure we want Lego action figures. Chances are, if they give up on minifigs, they'd use some other existing doll for the action figures -- and the choices are Scala and Belleville. In other words, *oowhuwhuwhuwhuwhuhuhu* (body (...) (26 years ago, 14-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: MiniFig Ponderings?

(...) *wrbrldrbl*wrbrldrbl*wrbrldrbl* (head shaking sound fx) That was a bit of a wet slap, albeit, IMO, a correct one. Don't forget to nicely .dear-lego your point Jim. Maybe that'll wake a few TLG folks up! -Tom McD. (that was too close to an (...) (26 years ago, 14-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: MiniFig Ponderings?

What do you mean? They DO make minifig legs in pink. But 8 legs on Luggage wouldn't be NEARLY enough... (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape Communications Corp | | Please do not associate my personal views with my employer | (26 years ago, 14-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Those bastards...

The new Model Team dragster, 5533, is called the Red Fury. This, after I have been calling my red 5541 copy the Red Fury. NOW if I mention Red Fury, it's going to confuse the hell out of people. I'll tell you what, if they use the name Yellow Fury, (...) (26 years ago, 14-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: MiniFig Ponderings?

(...) the (...) :) I knew there had to be some Terry Pratchett fans on here. If TLG is licensing Starwars, what are the chances of them licensing The DiscWorld? Now that would be a coooool theme. Rincewind minifigs? like the witch but in red? The (...) (26 years ago, 14-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact