 General / 2048
2047  |  2049
Subject:
FOTW- sail 'n' fly marina & the way things were
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 17:49:33 GMT

On my way home yesterday I stopped by the little local toystore, kind of a mom
and pop place, and guess what they had sitting inside?  A brand new sail and
fly marina set.  It was still list price but I didn't mind.  It had apparently
come from the owners brothers store where it had been put on lay-away twice and
nobody came to claim it, twice.  I was originally going to sell it because I
didn't seem all that excited about it but when I got home I just had to open it
up.  I sat for two hours on the floor watching the news putting it together.  I
has to be one of the best sets I have bought for a while, lots of big plates
and long bricks.  It really made me miss the good old days, especially when I
started to look through the catalog that came in the set (one that came out
while I wasn't collecting/building lego)

I started talking to the owner of the store and he was telling my about how
when lego first come out as we know it today (he meant 15-20 years ago I think)
that the lego reps used to come out and that he and the rep would sit down for
3hours over lunch so that the owner would place an order.  Now he says lego
could care less if he bought their stuff and he has to phone in his orders.

So that is my little lego adventure

-eben