 General / *2000 (-20)
  TLG - Online Ordering

When you look at it, Lego has a pretty nice corporate web site. A bit slow, but I think it is pretty good for a catalog-type site. I'm wondering if Lego has made any indications of moving into the world of online ordering... This could be good or (...) (26 years ago, 13-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: MiniFig Ponderings?

(...) Well, they're about what, 20 years old? (26 years ago, 13-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: MiniFig Ponderings?

(...) I had sort of come to the same conclusion. But then in lots of other cases we are forced to find work arounds because standard Lego joints aren't strong enough, (1) I seems strange that Lego "cheated" by creating a special piece to make it (...) (26 years ago, 13-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: gender changers?

(...) Some Slizer (ThrowBots) parts pictures are at: (URL) Reid (26 years ago, 13-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Hello & introduction

Also sprach Fredrik Glöckner: : For more information about RSI and what to do to avoid it, take a look : at e.g. : (URL) forget what I just asked about RSD ... not the same thing at all ... / _ _ / _ _ "We don't know if God exists. But women, we (...) (26 years ago, 13-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Hello & introduction

Also sprach Eric Brok: : Do LEGO building and RSI go together well? : I'm serious; my girl friend suffers from RSI and among I gave up hope she : will hand-build her LEGO dream houses again. What is RSI? Is it anything like RSD? (Reflex Sympathetic (...) (26 years ago, 13-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Hello & introduction

(...) While I'm not suffering from RSI at the moment, I have earlier, but I don't feel that this affects my LEGO building. I feel that building with LEGO bricks is not as repetetive as typing on a computer, and hence may perhaps not cause RSI. That (...) (26 years ago, 13-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Hello & introduction

(...) Do LEGO building and RSI go together well? I'm serious; my girl friend suffers from RSI and among I gave up hope she will hand-build her LEGO dream houses again. Eric (26 years ago, 13-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: MiniFig Ponderings?

Mike Stanley wrote in message ... (...) That has *such* a different meaning in the UK! Steve ---...--- Why not visit Llegogogoch? (URL) (26 years ago, 13-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: MiniFig Ponderings?

Tim McSweeney wrote in message ... (...) They're longer because you need leverage to move the legs when they're new and stiff. Otherwise, you'd go to sit someone down, and whoops! Dislocated hips. The witch gets away with normal studs because she's (...) (26 years ago, 13-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: MiniFig Ponderings?

(...) Then they come out with minifig excercise sets and aerobics classrooms! :) -Tim (26 years ago, 13-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: US S@H Phone Specials 1/11/99 - 1/17/99

(...) Well, like they say... If your not going to be a part of the solution, be part of the problem. :-) -- Terry K -- (26 years ago, 13-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: gender changers?

(...) Really? Cool. Rob, could you try to describe the piece a little? And which set(s) they come in? So far, I have not seen any Throwbots, and this news has piqued my curiousity. This could be really useful. -- Terry K -- (26 years ago, 13-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: MiniFig Ponderings?

(...) Or fanny packs. :) (26 years ago, 13-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Hello & introduction

Hi Tom, and thanks for the welcome. (...) I don't have a website yet. There are at least five I _ought_ to have up, but I have RSI already from too much computering (I develop software) so setting up websites comes below putting food on the table in (...) (26 years ago, 13-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: To quote a scholar

Steve Anderson wrote in message ... :I have noticed that lego has lost the "construction toy" lead. A lot of :the sets seem to be toys in themselves, rather than a mechanism for a child :to learn about construction. The sets are intended to be used (...) (26 years ago, 13-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Scorpion Stud

Steve Anderson wrote in message ... : :>Fun Scorpion Fact: Add one of those 1x1 black levers to the top of one :>to make a "Martian Scorpion" :) : :Fun Scorpion Fact 2: Add a pair of minifig binoculars to the top to make a :scorpion bookworm. =) (...) (26 years ago, 13-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: MiniFig Ponderings?

Tim McSweeney wrote in message ... :Why do MiniFig legs have such long studs on top to attatch them to bodies? :What's wrong with Normal Studs? sure they'd be a bit weaker but it works OK :for the witch minifig. :Why break the standard in this one (...) (26 years ago, 13-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO Competition? Nah.

Jeff Johnston wrote in message <369B9CFD.E4607AE6@m...ne.net>... :In any case, I happened across the Mega Bloks Viking Ship while poking :about, and despite the incredibly cheap price tag (~$8 for 350+ pieces) :I just couldn't bring myself to buy (...) (26 years ago, 13-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: US S@H Phone Specials 1/11/99 - 1/17/99

(...) Matt, does this mean that you (a) don't currently get lugnet.announce via e-mail, or (b) feel that the S@H specials don't belong in the .announce group, or (c) would like to receive announcements of S@H specials via e-mail but not other types (...) (26 years ago, 13-Jan-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact