 Gaming / 1658
1657  |  1659
Subject:
Text-based Adventures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 04:37:44 GMT

Anyone every played 'em?

Text-based adventures caught my attention last week when I visited the Homestar
Runner website (http://www.homestarrunner.com).  Strong Bad answered an email
about what he would be like in a game, blah, blah...

And at the end of it, the website's creator had created a (very) short version
of his example of a text-based game.

Now, having grown up in the age of color, lights, sound, and fast action, this
struck me, as it is said, as "Something Completely Different."  (a little Python
humor there...)  I set out to find out where I could make one of my own, and lo
and behold, a billion gazillion websites pop up on the search engine.

I'm currently learning to use two different game creators (one is newer and
includes mouse commands), but I'd like the input of any "experienced" text-ers.
Any suggestions, hints, rules to follow?  And if anyone out there is interested
in seeing the final product, just let me know and I'll post it here on off-topic
(maybe in gaming, too, if there's an audience)  WHEN IT IS DONE.  Not a
guarantee for a date, because this is a hobby, not to mention one that competes
with my LEGO hobby ;-)

So, yeah.  Any input would be appreciated.  Here's to Text-Based Games!
Andrew