 Games / LEGO Media / *51 (-51)
  Re: I got a Friends demo CD in the mail

(...) Only sort of. I mean, they're only sort-of Scala characters. I'm not making any comment on the mouthiness part. The characters do not directly represent any Scala doll I've seen. Heck, they're multi-racial. Scala doesn't do that! (...) I'm (...) (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.games.lego.friends)

  Re: I got a Friends demo CD in the mail

(...) We got one. Now I am wondering how they knew who to send it to? Did they pick names at random? Or did they look for girls names (though mine was adressed to me, not my daughter). Anyway, I played it. My overall impression is a ggood game, even (...) (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.games.lego.friends)

  Re: I got a Friends demo CD in the mail

(...) We got this. Seems kind of surprisingly savvy marketing which one just doesn't *expect* from the company we all know and love (to complain about). (...) I posed that question to Taya, and she pondered a bit, then said "well duh, these are (...) (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.games.lego.friends)

  Re: I got a Friends demo CD in the mail

(...) I didn't get a copy of that software (did see it yesterday at Office Depot), but I think your sound problem could be remedied by going into Quicktime in Control Panel and setting the "sound out" feature to from Directsound to waveOut (or (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.games.lego.friends)

  I got a Friends demo CD in the mail

So, did anyone else get a demo copy of LEGO Friends? It's pretty cheesy, but the worst part is that the subject matter has *nothing* to do with LEGO. The only associations I can find are: 1. 'LEGO' in the title 2. The falling-bricks animated credit (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.games.lego.friends)

  When is it due?

Yesterday while placing some final Holiday orders over at S@H, I wanted to order the LEGOLand CD-ROM game. The rep said it isn't due until April. Now, what I was wondering, and forgot to ask, was if this is due to a backorder, or if the game was (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.games.lego.legoland)

  Question about chess crdom king minifig

Can someone please either scan in the instrucructions or make me a parts list? I have just got to have this set sitting in my ldrawn castle -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 21-Nov-99, to lugnet.games.lego.chess)

  Re: no minifig in my Island game

(...) I almost got Loco during the KBKids.com clearance, but I picked Chess instead. I figured at worst I would end up with a chess game that looked cool, along with the king minifig. Still haven't opened it to install it yet, tho... (...) I didn't (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.games.lego.island, lugnet.general)

  Re: no minifig in my Island game

(...) Nope. The 'first edition' of LEGO Island included both the limited-edition InfoManiac minifig, and a manual/comic book. I'm not sure if that's the same comic as you mentioned. But the minifig was definitely in the first wave of the software. (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.games.lego.island, lugnet.general)

  Re: no minifig in my Island game

(...) <snip> (...) I bought this game and played it for about 10 mins. before scratching my head and giving up on it...but I tried it again every couple of months or so until one day it clicked :) with me. This is really a wonderful game for (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.games.lego.island, lugnet.general)

  Re: no minifig in my Island game

(...) Dunno about you but if I had gotten a minifig that sucked I would have kept it... <GD&R> (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.games.lego.island, lugnet.general)

  Re: no minifig in my Island game

(...) You just had too high of expectations. Personally, I liked running over minifigs with my virtual motorcycle and watching them fall to bits and come together again. I thought the opening movie was very cool too. (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.games.lego.island, lugnet.general)

  Re: no minifig in my Island game

(...) Bought it the day it was released to stores - had a minifig. Returned it 2 hours later because it sucked, along with the minifig. (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.games.lego.island, lugnet.general)

Matthew Miller wrote in message ... (...) Lego (...) a (...) came (...) Thats very possible - I think I worded that badly ("by the time the next three games were released, mini-figs were the chosen premium" would have been better). I think its safe (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.games.lego.island, lugnet.general)

  Re: no minifig in my Island game

(...) Matt, I think your right on the order of things, I bought LEGO Island soon after it first came out and it had the mail-in offer in it. A while later I started seeing the boxes labeled "Minifig Inside". Later I started seeing the ones labeled (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.games.lego.island, lugnet.general)

  Re: no minifig in my Island game

(...) I'm not sure this is correct. I know I purchased the game when it first came out, long before they had any other games, and it included a minifig. (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.games.lego.island, lugnet.general)

  Re: no minifig in my Island game

Sorry for another late response. Awhile back I started scanning old Mania magazines, and learned something about this Lego Island game. Lego Island was the first Lego video game. When it was first released, it included a comic, which I thought was (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.games.lego.island, lugnet.general)

  Re: Has anyone used Lego Chess with success

(...) When I first installed LEGO Chess, the movement of the cursor and response to key presses was so slow that the game was unplayable. The purchase of an expensive 3D video card enabled the game to run correctly. Grahame Reid (25 years ago, 16-Oct-99, to lugnet.games.lego.chess)

  Re: Has anyone used Lego Chess with success

(...) I saw this the other day. There is a downloadable patch for the english version. I don't know if this will correct your problem, but it might. (URL) Gatrelle (25 years ago, 14-Oct-99, to lugnet.games.lego.chess)

  Re: no minifig in my Island game

(...) Yes -- It was included in the box I bought. There was a sticker on the box which said "Minifig inside!", or something to that effect. (25 years ago, 13-Oct-99, to lugnet.games.lego.island, lugnet.general)

Paul Mison wrote in message <38043C6A.C548D5A@so....co.uk>... (...) The last time I was at the Orlando LEGO Imagination Center they had mouse pads for sale. I was going to pick one up until I noticed the price - $9.95! Hard to justify $10 for a (...) (25 years ago, 13-Oct-99, to lugnet.games.lego.island, lugnet.general)

  Re: no minifig in my Island game

(...) not (...) figure (...) only (...) set. It had a specified end date, it took a while for me to get the fig, I later saw boxes marked "special figure included" or whatever the phrasing was. The newest boxes I've seen have had a free "LEGO comic (...) (25 years ago, 13-Oct-99, to lugnet.games.lego.island, lugnet.general)

  Re: no minifig in my Island game

(...) It was a separate promotional item- I have one from ECTS (European computer trade show) that a friend picked up for me. This would have been in September 1998, I think. I don't have the game though. There are also a few Lego mouse mats in the (...) (25 years ago, 13-Oct-99, to lugnet.games.lego.island, lugnet.general)

  Re: no minifig in my Island game

Hmmm, I can honestly say that the very first copies received in-store did not include any kind of figure. Is it possible that the bagged Infomaniac figure was a promotional item that could have been handed out to buyers and then only in specific (...) (25 years ago, 12-Oct-99, to lugnet.games.lego.island, lugnet.general)

  Has anyone used Lego Chess with success

Hello all- My son purchased Lego Chess from Scholastic Book Club. We tried running it on our windows 98 box... but it crashes after signing in. (The audio plays, but the graphics freeze). Before I spend hours on the phone with customer support, I (...) (25 years ago, 11-Oct-99, to lugnet.games.lego.chess)

  Re: no minifig in my Island game

(...) That follows the <insert latin phrase for "what we figured out is going on without having an insider's guide"> standard for part counting--legs and hip assembly is one part, torso/head/arms is another, and anything else (hat, hair, airtanks, (...) (25 years ago, 11-Oct-99, to lugnet.games.lego.island, lugnet.general)

  Re: no minifig in my Island game

Huh, well I never saw it before. I guess I'll just have to be content with my 1100+ other minifigs! ;) Thanks for the link, Steve! Scott S. (...) (25 years ago, 9-Oct-99, to lugnet.games.lego.island, lugnet.general)

Interesting to see that a minifig with a hat is considered three pieces. -Nick Steve Bliss wrote in message <37fe32af.91667657@l...et.com>... (...) Lego (...) also (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.games.lego.island, lugnet.general)

  Re: no minifig in my Island game

(...) Yes, there was a minifig in Lego Island. It was the Infomaniac. You can see a picture at (URL). Steve (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.games.lego.island, lugnet.general)

  Re: no minifig in my Island game

(...) Yes, there was. My copy had one. I either got it from Costco or one of my mother's elementary school book orders. I don't remember which. Jeff "Hmm. Girls really seem to like a guy in spandex." (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.games.lego.island, lugnet.general)

  Re: no minifig in my Island game

(...) it. (...) red (...) There was never a minifig included with the Lego Island game. I was working at Electronics Boutique when the game was first released and picked up a copy. They've only included the minifigs in Lego Creator, Lego Loco, Lego (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.games.lego.island, lugnet.general)

  Freezing

Hi Has anyone experienced freezes where the entire system is halted, and only HW reset will bring it up again? I used an old PCI card before but it is still a problem after buying a Creative TNT2 Ultra 32MB AGP. The board is an ASUS P5A with an AMD (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.games.lego.racers)

  Re: no minifig in my Island game

Hmm, I bought the game when it first came out, and never got a minifig with it. Scott S. (...) (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.games.lego.island, lugnet.general)

  Re: Heeelllooooo ....hellooo...ooo

(...) I noticed that ONSALE.COM has it. I didn't look at the specs or anything. Hope that helps. Ryan (25 years ago, 26-Sep-99, to lugnet.games.lego.rockraiders)

  Heeelllooooo ....hellooo...ooo

Its very echoey and quiet in here... Anyone know when this game is coming out in the UK ? Thanks ant@badmagic.demon.co.uk (25 years ago, 22-Sep-99, to lugnet.games.lego.rockraiders)

  ------( Terms of use for lugnet.com )------

TERMS OF USE FOR LUGNET.COM OVERVIEW AND DEFINITIONS lugnet.com ("LUGNET") is a privately owned Internet site designed and run primarily for the benefit of those who enjoy building with, discussing, collecting, buying & selling, trading, and (...) (25 years ago, 18-Sep-99, to lugnet.games.lego.rockraiders)

  ------( Welcome to lugnet.games.lego.rockraiders )------

Welcome to lugnet.games.lego.rockraiders, a LUGNET discussion group. CHARTER/PURPOSE: lugnet.games.lego.rockraiders (group): Focused discussion group for the Lego Media software product LEGO Rock Raiders™. lugnet.games.lego.* (hierarchy): Official (...) (25 years ago, 18-Sep-99, to lugnet.games.lego.rockraiders)

  ------( Terms of use for lugnet.com )------

TERMS OF USE FOR LUGNET.COM OVERVIEW AND DEFINITIONS lugnet.com ("LUGNET") is a privately owned Internet site designed and run primarily for the benefit of those who enjoy building with, discussing, collecting, buying & selling, trading, and (...) (25 years ago, 18-Sep-99, to lugnet.games.lego.racers)

  ------( Welcome to lugnet.games.lego.racers )------

Welcome to lugnet.games.lego.racers, a LUGNET discussion group. CHARTER/PURPOSE: lugnet.games.lego.racers (group): Focused discussion group for the Lego Media software product LEGO Racers™. lugnet.games.lego.* (hierarchy): Official Lego Media games: (...) (25 years ago, 18-Sep-99, to lugnet.games.lego.racers)

  ------( Terms of use for lugnet.com )------

TERMS OF USE FOR LUGNET.COM OVERVIEW AND DEFINITIONS lugnet.com ("LUGNET") is a privately owned Internet site designed and run primarily for the benefit of those who enjoy building with, discussing, collecting, buying & selling, trading, and (...) (25 years ago, 18-Sep-99, to lugnet.games.lego.loco)

  ------( Welcome to lugnet.games.lego.loco )------

Welcome to lugnet.games.lego.loco, a LUGNET discussion group. CHARTER/PURPOSE: lugnet.games.lego.loco (group): Focused discussion group for the Lego Media software product LEGO Loco™. lugnet.games.lego.* (hierarchy): Official Lego Media games: (...) (25 years ago, 18-Sep-99, to lugnet.games.lego.loco)

  ------( Terms of use for lugnet.com )------

TERMS OF USE FOR LUGNET.COM OVERVIEW AND DEFINITIONS lugnet.com ("LUGNET") is a privately owned Internet site designed and run primarily for the benefit of those who enjoy building with, discussing, collecting, buying & selling, trading, and (...) (25 years ago, 18-Sep-99, to lugnet.games.lego.legoland)

  ------( Welcome to lugnet.games.lego.legoland )------

Welcome to lugnet.games.lego.legoland, a LUGNET discussion group. CHARTER/PURPOSE: lugnet.games.lego.legoland (group): Focused discussion group for the Lego Media software product LEGOLAND™. lugnet.games.lego.* (hierarchy): Official Lego Media (...) (25 years ago, 18-Sep-99, to lugnet.games.lego.legoland)

  ------( Terms of use for lugnet.com )------

TERMS OF USE FOR LUGNET.COM OVERVIEW AND DEFINITIONS lugnet.com ("LUGNET") is a privately owned Internet site designed and run primarily for the benefit of those who enjoy building with, discussing, collecting, buying & selling, trading, and (...) (25 years ago, 18-Sep-99, to lugnet.games.lego.island)

  ------( Welcome to lugnet.games.lego.island )------

Welcome to lugnet.games.lego.island, a LUGNET discussion group. CHARTER/PURPOSE: lugnet.games.lego.island (group): Focused discussion group for the Lego Media software product LEGO Island™. lugnet.games.lego.* (hierarchy): Official Lego Media games: (...) (25 years ago, 18-Sep-99, to lugnet.games.lego.island)

  ------( Terms of use for lugnet.com )------

TERMS OF USE FOR LUGNET.COM OVERVIEW AND DEFINITIONS lugnet.com ("LUGNET") is a privately owned Internet site designed and run primarily for the benefit of those who enjoy building with, discussing, collecting, buying & selling, trading, and (...) (25 years ago, 18-Sep-99, to lugnet.games.lego.friends)

  ------( Welcome to lugnet.games.lego.friends )------

Welcome to lugnet.games.lego.friends, a LUGNET discussion group. CHARTER/PURPOSE: lugnet.games.lego.friends (group): Focused discussion group for the Lego Media software product LEGO Friends™. lugnet.games.lego.* (hierarchy): Official Lego Media (...) (25 years ago, 18-Sep-99, to lugnet.games.lego.friends)

  ------( Terms of use for lugnet.com )------

TERMS OF USE FOR LUGNET.COM OVERVIEW AND DEFINITIONS lugnet.com ("LUGNET") is a privately owned Internet site designed and run primarily for the benefit of those who enjoy building with, discussing, collecting, buying & selling, trading, and (...) (25 years ago, 18-Sep-99, to lugnet.games.lego.creator)

  ------( Welcome to lugnet.games.lego.creator )------

Welcome to lugnet.games.lego.creator, a LUGNET discussion group. CHARTER/PURPOSE: lugnet.games.lego.creator (group): Focused discussion group for the Lego Media software product LEGO Creator™. lugnet.games.lego.* (hierarchy): Official Lego Media (...) (25 years ago, 18-Sep-99, to lugnet.games.lego.creator)

  ------( Terms of use for lugnet.com )------

TERMS OF USE FOR LUGNET.COM OVERVIEW AND DEFINITIONS lugnet.com ("LUGNET") is a privately owned Internet site designed and run primarily for the benefit of those who enjoy building with, discussing, collecting, buying & selling, trading, and (...) (25 years ago, 18-Sep-99, to lugnet.games.lego.chess)

  ------( Welcome to lugnet.games.lego.chess )------

Welcome to lugnet.games.lego.chess, a LUGNET discussion group. CHARTER/PURPOSE: lugnet.games.lego.chess (group): Focused discussion group for the Lego Media software product LEGO Chess™. lugnet.games.lego.* (hierarchy): Official Lego Media games: (...) (25 years ago, 18-Sep-99, to lugnet.games.lego.chess)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact