 Games / LEGO Media / LEGO Island / 18
Re: no minifig in my Island game
Newsgroups:
lugnet.games.lego.island, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 04:16:53 GMT

Matthew Miller wrote in message ...
John DiRienzo <ig88888888@stlnet.com> wrote:
time, and still have a Pirates comic from 1990.  When TLG began releasing
other video games (Creator, Chess and Loco) with mini-figs (I guess the
comic didn't help boost sales enough) they started putting mini-figs in • Lego
Island as well.  For some reason, all of these games were sold with either • a

I'm not sure this is correct. I know I purchased the game when it first • came
out, long before they had any other games, and it included a minifig.

   Thats very possible - I think I worded that badly ("by the time the next
three games were released, mini-figs were the chosen premium" would have
been better).  I think its safe to guess the comic didn't help sales as
hoped and they switched to using mini-figs as bait (at some point, must have
been pretty early on), and with that success, they decided to use mini-figs
in all the games (I bought them for the mini-figs).  Or perhaps they
intended to try both comic books and mini-figs and see which sold better and
go with that premium in future game releases.  With that view, geography
could make a lot of difference (as it always seems to regarding Lego).
Whatever the reasons, since its handy, in case you'd like to see it, here is
the first advertisement for a Lego CD-ROM Game (Lego Island)...
http://www114.pair.com/ig88/mania-0797-05.jpg
   I'd like to have that comic book...
--
   Have fun!