 Games / LEGO Media / LEGO Island / 22
Re: no minifig in my Island game
Newsgroups:
lugnet.games.lego.island, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 14:00:33 GMT

Mike Stanley wrote:

<snip>

Bought it the day it was released to stores - had a minifig.
Returned it 2 hours later because it sucked, along with the minifig.

I bought this game and played it for about 10 mins. before scratching my
head and giving up on it...but I tried it again every couple of months
or so until one day it clicked :) with me.  This is really a wonderful
game for kids...you press a button to shoot out a paper airplane from
the control power...what's the point?  there isn't one...it's just a
fun(ny) thing to do (for a kid).  You get to hear all these sound
effects and see all these sights on Lego Island...is there a real
strategy?  nope...is there real gameplay...not of value to a gamer...but
it is FUN...I can finally see why Lego Island was a commercial sucess
and why it won awards from family and children's groups.

It was a good thing for Lego to do, I think...Lego Loco is in pretty
much the same category...this is fun for younger (at heart) kids...you
get to play trains on the screen :)  Lego Chess (I don't have it), I'm
still scratching my head over....Creator is great (too many ppl.
expecting it to be a CAD package - they were disappointed, of course)  I
am pretty satisfied with ALL the Lego software I've seen - you have to
keep the audience in mind.  and I know that kids play and like a lot
more sophisticated stuff...but Island and Loco were for really young
kids...I think Racers and Rock Raiders will appeal to the 6-12 group
more.  Personally, I can't wait for Legoland because I like Theme Park
and I've heard it's similar :)

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/