 Games / LEGO Media / LEGO Island / 12
Re: no minifig in my Island game
Newsgroups:
lugnet.games.lego.island, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 08:24:43 GMT

In lugnet.games.lego.island, Paul Mison writes:
Mike Lalande wrote:

Hmmm,  I can honestly say that the very first copies received in-store did • not
include any kind of figure.  Is it possible that the bagged Infomaniac • figure
was a promotional item that could have been handed out to buyers and then • only
in specific stores?  The fact that he's bagged rather than boxed leads me to
believe that it was a limited-time promotion and was not actually included
in-box.

It was a separate promotional item- I have one from ECTS (European
computer trade show) that a friend picked up for me. This would have
been in September 1998, I think. I don't have the game though.

There are also a few Lego mouse mats in the offices at my workplace,
from the same show. Has anyone seen those? Would scans be appreciated?

:: paul
:: http://www.songtwo.demon.co.uk/lego/
When I picked uo LEGO Island it had a card you sent in to recieve the little
set.  It had a specified end date, it took a while for me to get the fig, I
later saw boxes marked "special figure included" or whatever the phrasing was.
The newest boxes I've seen have had a free "LEGO comic included" sticker on
the box.
Mike