 Games / LEGO Media / LEGO Friends / 3
2  |  4
Subject:
I got a Friends demo CD in the mail
Newsgroups:
lugnet.games.lego.friends
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 23:32:18 GMT

So, did anyone else get a demo copy of LEGO Friends?

It's pretty cheesy, but the worst part is that the subject matter has
*nothing* to do with LEGO.  The only associations I can find are:

1. 'LEGO' in the title
2. The falling-bricks animated credit (just like the one from LEGO Island, and
all the other software).
3. Some background graphics on the printed material that look like the flower-
studs from Scala.  I don't remember if any of these appeared in the game
itself.

Basically, there's a bunch of teeny-bopper friends who have a band.  You can
mix some tracks, choreograph some dance moves, and put them on stage.  There's
some other areas to go to, but I couldn't get into them.  There was also a
link to the www, but I didn't follow it.

The good news is that it worked with my video settings (1024x768x16bit color),
instead of forcing me to a lower resolution or color-depth.

The bad news is that the sound was full of clicks.  Probably something I could
have fixed, but I didn't bother trying.

Bottom-line: a music/video mixer program, with some environment-setting
wrapped around it.  Some kids might like it, for awhile.

Steve