 FAQ / 960
Re: Am I the only one ?...................
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq
Date:
Sat, 5 Aug 2000 21:08:45 GMT

"Nick Crocco" <swatlego@aol.com> wrote in message
What what what??? I, Nick Crocco, am of the ripe old age of 17. :-) Yeah, • it
doesn't seem as though there are very many of us minors out there... We • should
start a "JRFOLS" section of Lugnet. That'd be cool :-) I too have been on
Lugnet for about a year now, and everyone has been so nice, no matter what
their age may be :-) So far, there's only 7 of us, but I'm sure there's a
whole lot more. Until then, TTFN!

Just to put in my .02.... I've told a few of you in private discussion that
I really don't care for the JRFOL or TFOL distinction from AFOL.  I'm with
Greg.  Even though technically I am now an AFOL (by certain LUG standards),
it still concerns me.  I don't want to see people treated differently just
because they don't meet a set legal age.  And people who are 'underage'
taking on that distinction adds in my opinion to the distinction, or
segregation mind you.  Those are my feelings on the matter, after watching a
friend deal with a tough decision by her would-be local group.  Interested
to hear others' feelings on the matter....

--

Tim Courtney - tim@zacktron.com

ICQ: 23951114
AIM: TimCourtne