 Fabuland / 153
  My feelings on the Mickey Mouse sets

I just received three of the sets (I didn't order 4164, it didn't look to have enough parts I am really interested in, though I'll probably have to get one for completeness... I am waiting for 4178 Mickey's Fishing Adventure ($24.99) which was not (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: My feelings on the Mickey Mouse sets

My feelings on the Mickey thing is that Lego should not make products based on other companies' ideas just to get money. They should use their own ideas, they are better anyway. I don't buy Star Wars, and I won't buy this. (...) enough parts I am (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.fabuland)

Bradley Dale wrote in message ... (...) Well, you're missing out on some great parts packs in the 71xx series, and I'm not at all dissapointed with the Mickey Mouse sets. They are just as usefull to me as Fabuland sets (well, maybe not quite so (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.fabuland, lugnet.general)

  Re: My feelings on the Mickey Mouse sets

(...) Even McDonald's? <duck> (URL) (...) Arctic <==> South Park + The X-Files + The Thing Adventurers <==> The Mummy + Indiana Jones + Jurassic Park Aquazone <==> Sea Quest + The Abyss DUPLO Dinosaurs <==> Land of the Lost Fabuland <=> Richard (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: My feelings on the Mickey Mouse sets

(...) Don't forget Pooh, or McDonalds, or Amtrak (4558), or the soccer sets, or Shell, or every promo set they've put out. They should stick to things that they came up with, like policemen, firemen, the coast guard, racing cars, construction (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: My feelings on the Mickey Mouse sets

(...) ROFL... Todd, you seriously have nothing better to do than research Bradley's posts?! <grin, duck and run> (...) I buy SW because it's the best thing that ever happened to Castle. ;-) -Shiri -- I'll be on vacation between July 15th and the end (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: My feelings on the Mickey Mouse sets

(...) The McDonalds is a restaurant for the minifigs. It does not feature any goofy McDonaldsland characters. It looks good, and isn't Town Jr. So yes, I want it. (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: My feelings on the Mickey Mouse sets

(...) on (...) call (...) And it's probably ultimately more saleable in the current US than Fabuland would be. Kids today, especially young ones, are so connected to Disney and other "brands" that it can be hard to sell them something else. Also, (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: My feelings on the Mickey Mouse sets

(...) I don't understand how people can say this. If they were selling film then I'd agree, but I just don't see how anyone could run a restaurant in building that small. (...) This, and for the other parts, is a big reason that lots of people buy (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: My feelings on the Mickey Mouse sets

(...) on (...) Well, Pooh is Duplo. And I am not a Duplo builder. I'll admit, McDonalds is good. Those Happy Meal things last year got me out of a dark age! I have no idea what Amtrak is, and I've never gotten a Shell promo (though they don't look (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: My feelings on the Mickey Mouse sets

(...) I'd (...) Yeah, but if it were big it wouldn't be $9.99. (...) Star (...) sets (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: My feelings on the Mickey Mouse sets

(...) Amtrak is the fedrally subsidised American passenger rail company. It has the same color scheme as the metroliner, which obviously used that on purpose to make an Amtrak lookin' train. Alan (...) airplanes, (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: My feelings on the Mickey Mouse sets

(...) I never said that it wasn't a good set for the price. If it were bigger, and had a better selection of parts then it wouldn't be Town Jr. Ben Roller (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: My feelings on the Mickey Mouse sets

(...) My opinion that this is not Town Jr. comes from the car. It looks like a 1996 model of Lego car to me, and it has doors. (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: My feelings on the Mickey Mouse sets

(...) Funny, I thought castle existed to give us space junkies cool parts to build space bases with. ;-) btw, I'm baaaaaaaack! (It's been a tough couple of weeks in the new job...time to build now.) I'll post more when I have a second or two... (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: My feelings on the Mickey Mouse sets

(...) Well you were wrong!! ;-) Welcome back :-) -Shiri -- I'll be on vacation between July 15th and the end of August... please forgive slow replies to emails/posts. (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: My feelings on the Mickey Mouse sets

(...) I'm never wrong. Mistaken on occasion, but never wrong in all my life. ;-) (...) Thanks. It's good to be back in time for Kidvention and the LUGOLA meeting...now, back to building. -Dave (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: My feelings on the Mickey Mouse sets

(...) on (...) Au contrair! LEGO definately did not invent Egypt! Playmobile did, and LEGO shamelessly coppied it. But you know what's even weirder? They were discussing Egypt on the news yesterday...it must have been some specialty segment designed (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: My feelings on the Mickey Mouse sets

I just realized how silly this all sounds. Neither toy company invented Egypt, it was invented by the ancient civilization that lived there thousands of years ago. None of the themes listed were invented by Lego (or Playmobile). (...) airplanes, (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: My feelings on the Mickey Mouse sets

(...) No, Chris was right. It was invented by Playmobil, I just forgot. Ben Roller (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.fabuland)

Frank Filz <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:FxEwqw.J1n@lugnet.com... (...) have enough parts I am really interested in, though I'll (...) Mickey's Fishing Adventure ($24.99) which was not yet available. (...) though other junior pieces (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: My feelings on the Mickey Mouse sets

(...) MAN are you missing out on some great sets, even if viewed just for parts. But whatever. That leaves more grey parts packs (er, sith infiltrators) for the rest of us. ++Lar (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: My feelings on the Mickey Mouse sets

(...) You're both wrong. ALL themes exist to provide a background, spare parts, or bizzare loads (in extremis) for trains. And good train heads can make a prototypical train themed creation out of ANY part. ++Lar (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: My feelings on the Mickey Mouse sets

(...) No reason why we can't coexist, Lar. For each of us, all parts exist for some purpose... doesn't have to be the same one. :-) -Shiri (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: My feelings on the Mickey Mouse sets

(...) The "Town Jr.-ness" of a set doesn't have to do with its size or completeness. When was the last time LEGO produced a building with 4 sides? And most LEGO buildings are extremely cramped. The idea is to convey the purpose of the building (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.fabuland)