 Fabuland / 155
Re: My feelings on the Mickey Mouse sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fabuland, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 9 Jul 2000 05:00:51 GMT

Bradley Dale wrote in message ...
My feelings on the Mickey thing is that Lego should not make products based on
other companies' ideas just to get money.  They should use their own ideas,
they are better anyway.  I don't buy Star Wars, and I won't buy this.

Well, you're missing out on some great parts packs in the 71xx series, and I'm not at all dissapointed with the Mickey Mouse sets.
They are just as usefull to me as Fabuland sets (well, maybe not quite so usefull, if they re-started Fabuland, there would probably
be more different figures which would be easier to sell).

One of the good things I see about the Star Wars sets is that it appears to have enabled them to get beyond the perception that LEGO
needs to be simplified (aka juniorized). I'm not sure if it's because they expect an older target audience with the Star Wars, or if
they figured that the market would be so rich with collectors, that they could get away with less juniorized construction.

Of course if I wanted to be real nasty, I should tell you to stop buying LEGO (after all, they didn't invent the original brick so
the whole concept of the product is based on another companies product). Of course most sets are based on something else, so their
ideas really aren't original (and who says their ideas of recent times are very good - take a look at the time losers sets [despite
the fact that most of them I like to some extent, the fact that I like them to some extent doesn't get over the jumbledness of the
designs] or insectoids [well, again, in some ways I like the sets, but I'm not keeping many of them together, in fact, many of them
I haven't even built, just sorted them down to parts).

Follow-ups to lugnet.general

Frank