 Fabuland / 162
Re: My feelings on the Mickey Mouse sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fabuland
Date:
Sun, 9 Jul 2000 05:28:07 GMT

In lugnet.fabuland, Ben Roller writes:
In lugnet.fabuland, Bradley Dale writes:
My feelings on the Mickey thing is that Lego should not make products based • on
other companies' ideas just to get money.  They should use their own ideas,
they are better anyway.  I don't buy Star Wars, and I won't buy this.

Don't forget Pooh, or McDonalds, or Amtrak (4558), or the soccer sets, or
Shell, or every promo set they've put out.
Well, Pooh is Duplo.  And I am not a Duplo builder.  I'll admit, McDonalds is
good.  Those Happy Meal things last year got me out of a dark age!  I have no
idea what Amtrak is, and I've never gotten a Shell promo (though they don't
look bad)

They should stick to things that they came up with, like policemen, firemen,
the coast guard, racing cars, construction workers, space shuttles, airplanes,
Santa Claus, Ninjas, and Egypt.
Right, those are good subthemes.

Does it really matter if they call him Johnny Thunder or strike a deal and • call
him Indiana Jones?  Either way they are making sets that look like things
that people already know about.  They do everything just to make money, and
this way they get to sell their sets to people who like Mickey Mouse but have
never bought any Lego products.

Ben Roller